Our goal in Physical Education is for everyone to learn to make healthy choices and feel successful when participating in a variety of activities. This enables students to develop a positive attitude towards physical activity and to develop healthy habits, which will hopefully continue throughout their lives.
Students will be encouraged to have fun and enjoy PE. They will be encouraged to participate to the best of their ability in a wide variety of activities. At the elementary level, certain skills are taught so that students will be able to pursue competitive sports as well as lifetime sports.
We also encourage students to challenge themselves with new activities, by creating a safe and positive environment. Our goal is to help instill in students a sense of adventure and confidence to try new and unfamiliar activities. Your child will have PE twice a week for 45 min. each class.
- Your child must have sneakers in order to participate for safety reasons.
- It is recommended students wear comfortable clothing, so that they can move about freely.
- Students are allowed to bring water bottles to class. There can only be water in the bottles because juice and flavored water will stick to the gym floor.
- If a child is to have limited or no participation in PE for a day, a written note is needed from a parent or guardian.
- If limitation in PE is going to be a week or longer, then a doctor’s note will be needed.
We look forward to a fabulous and fun year!
Mrs. McCall and Mrs. Moules