- Sharing expertise with students.
- Clerical assistance to staff.
- Academic assistant to students.
- Fine Arts assistant to students.
- Student Supervision.
- Library Support.
- Technology Support.
Volunteer jobs may be on a long or short term basis for the school year with one teacher or a grade level team.
HOW DOES MY VOLUNTEER WORK BENEFIT MY CHILD AND OTHERS?
The primary purpose for Fox Hill School’s volunteers is to support teachers and the children. Through your participation, the entire academic program becomes more flexible in meeting the needs of each child. You facilitate this program by enabling the teacher to efficiently respond to individual student needs. Also, you send a powerful message to your child and others that education is important and valued by you.
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS OF A FOX HILL VOLUNTEER?
Parent involvement in the educational process positively impacts the attitude and conduct of children in school. Teachers feel more comfortable knowing that every volunteer has attended a volunteer orientation. School volunteers must be committed to:
- Respecting the rules of the school.
- Respecting the teaching learning process and not use time at school to hold an informal parent-teacher conference.
- Performing assigned tasks to the best of their ability under the supervision of the teacher.
- Working cooperatively with all staff members.
- Being on time and fulfilling one’s commitment to the teacher.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
WHY DOES FOX HILL SCHOOL NEED VOLUNTEERS?
Time often works against teachers who want to focus on using new instructional methods and strategies and want to give students personal guidance and attention. When you assist teachers with growing paperwork and projects, you give them more time for planning activities and teaching strategies and for working more directly with children. Your child and the school are the beneficiaries of your donation of time.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR A FOX HILL SCHOOL PARENT VOLUNTEER?
- Enjoy working with children.
- Have an interest in education and the school community.
- Pledge a commitment to the goals and procedures of the parent volunteer program.
- Want to help.
- Be dependable.
- Have an up-to-date CORI on file in the school office.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality of students and school staff.
FOX HILL SCHOOL’S VOLUNTEER VISION:
- All volunteers are welcomed, appreciated and valued.
- All volunteers provide students with varied experiences that are enriching and rewarding.
- All volunteers benefit all students as a result of commitment, time and knowledge.
PARENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM GOALS:
1) To foster a strong home-school partnership to better serve students.
2) To support teachers and quality teaching.
3) To contribute to student growth and learning.